Cliff Park Youth Murals
A Rejuvenated, Outdoor Recreation Site
In three seasons of summer camps in 2005-07, dozens of artistically inclined kids had fun painting 400 lineal ft. of murals on the tennis court fence at Cliff Park. Each side represents a season of the year in Northern Manitoba. The cheerful drawings and symbols reflect the fun and exuberance that comes from youth.
These MURALS have a life expectancy of about seven years. Thatâs about the time for a new group of kids to be attending the neighbourhood school to start painting anew! Which side is your favourite?
- Three youth art groups participated in this special project – Art Camp at Wapanohk Elementary School, Northern Circle of Youth, and the Recreation Department summer Art Camp. The young artists ranged in age from 6 years to 14 years of age.
- The Thompson Boys & Girls Club installed the panels through their Youth Build program.
- This park offers basketball and tennis in the summer and skating in the winter in a high density neighbourhood.
- Jasyn Lucas, a local artist, acted as Art Coordinator, and helped inspire the kids!
- A few years later, some of those students have gone to university, taken up art courses, and many return years later to show their friends and family what they accomplished.